[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: 2018 Krafter's Korner Election Survey

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 18:12:10 UTC 2018

As Cindy S. Ramona and myself wrote the Constitution for this division  by
using the NFB Constitution and Dr. Maurer assigned Ramona as adviser on
this, may I suggest that anyone interested read our division Constitution.
Cindy S. has made a bit of incorrect statement here.

This is from the Constitution:

"Article V.  Officers and Their Duties.  There shall be elected at the
regular annual meeting during each even-numbered year: President, First Vice
President, Second Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.  The two-year
terms of these officers shall begin at the close of the meeting at which
they are elected and qualified.  Officers shall be elected by a majority
vote of the active members present and voting.  There shall be no proxy
voting.  If no nominee receives a majority vote on the first ballot, the
name of the person receiving the fewest votes shall be dropped from the list
of nominees, and a second ballot shall be taken.  This procedure shall
continue until one of the nominees has received a majority vote from the
active members present and voting.  The duties of each officer shall be
those ordinarily associated with that office.  The President and the Vice
Presidents must be blind.

The wording includes President, First Vice President, Second Vice President
must be blind.

Joyce
Article VI.  Board of Directors.  The Board of Directors of this
organization shall consist of the five constitutional officers and two
additional members who shall be elected for two-year terms in odd-numbered
years.  At the organizational meeting in 2008 the two Board Members shall be
elected for one-year terms.  Board members shall be elected in the same
manner as that prescribed for the election of officers.  The Board shall
meet at the call of the President or by request of any 3 Board members.  The
Board shall advise the President and shall have charge of the affairs of the
organization between meetings.  At least 4 members of the Board of Directors
must be present at any meeting to constitute a quorum to transact business.
The Board may be polled by telephone, mail ballot, or by email on any
question.  A majority of the Board must be blind."