[Nfb-krafters-korner] Cricut Maker

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Mon Jun 4 23:28:39 UTC 2018

When the Accuquilt was first introduced, it was for Quilt Shops to cut fabric to make up quilt kits or projects for classes given at the quilt stores.

Within the last 10 or 15 years they came out with the Accuquilt Go and went forward designing dies that would fit in the Accuquilt Go and also fit in the Accuquilt Studio model.  Shortly after they came out with the Go, they introduced the Accuquilt Baby.  That was priced around $100 and did not come with any dies and was limited to the 6" wide dies.  The Accuquilt Go takes the 6"  &  10" dies.  These dies were made to go with quilt patters and the pieces and sizes to make up different size quilt blocks.  About 5 years back they developed all these new dies to create applique additions to the quilt blocks.

Lastly those talented digitizers out there created embroidery files for embroidery machines that you can use on the Accuquilt applique to enhance and adorn these applique.

On June 18 at the Monday Night Chat I will be doing a chat on, "Yes, a blind person can use and create some wonderful things on an embroidery machine".

Joyce