[Nfb-krafters-korner] Notice to Members of NFB Krafter's Korner

jill rossiter jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 02:04:57 UTC 2018

Cindy,
I can hear the hurt in your email.  I am sorry that you feel unappreciated.  You have done a lot for the division.  But might I suggest Joyce has also.  I know that there has been hard feelings both ways on this front.  As far as the leadership requirement in the constitution, I believe Ramona and possibly Mrs. Mauer help to draft the constitution.  Just as in the issue of voting for officers, this sort of change would have to be approved through President Ricabono.  If this group was only a crafting group, my feelings would be let whom ever be president, but I do believe that there should be blind individuals running a blindness group.  This is just my feelings.  You have done a great job with classes.  I and many others on the list have learned to make loads of cute and fun crafts from you.  You are sharing your eyes with us, that is a precious gift.  Each of us at one time or another have wished we could have someone describe a photo or craft that was not accessible.  You have done that for us.  You are appreciated, you are needed to make our group what it is.  Your ideas are valued, your diligence is needed.  Sometimes serving is not easy.  Lots of times it comes without any thanks.  It often comes with disagreements and friction.  What we all should decide, myself included, are we serving the membership body to make this a great place to craft? Or are we wanting to serve to feel important? Or Do we want to serve as a board member because we like the other people on the board?  Can we serve on the board if we don't like someone on the board?  These are questions I have asked myself.  To my knowledge, none of us are perfect, but just like our representatives in congress, we should be acting on the best interest of the folks we serve.
If I am not elected, I will still want to participate.  I hope you will support Joyce if she wins, and I promise to support Tammy if she wins.  Both of these ladies are good people.
Jill