[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: 2018 Krafter's Korner Election Survey

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 17:38:19 UTC 2018

Nobody other than the candidates we have listed offered to run for any of
the open positions.

As I stated earlier, there was one individual who stated that she would only
be able to work with certain other members.  I didn't put that person on the
ballot as I am not able to predict who would win the election.

A candidate should be able to work with whatever other board members are
elected by the membership.

The slate of candidates is as follows:

Tammy, currently not holding any position,  and Joyce, our current
President,  are running for the position of Krafter's Korner President.
Terry Knox has chosen not to seek re-election for another term as
Vice-President.  Jill, who is presently our second Vice-President,  stepped
up and offered to run for the position of first Vice-President.
Deb Ralston, not currently holding any positions,  was asked to run for
Second Vice-President.
Cindy is our current Treasurer.  Cathy, our current Secretary,  offered to
run for Treasurer when she saw there were no persons seeking the office.  It
was her opinion that the position of Treasurer was too important a position
to be unfilled.

I then stepped up likewise to run for the position of Secretary.

I am currently serving on the board, so if elected as Secretary my board
seat will become vacant.  I have fulfilled one of the two years of that
position.  Terry Powers is the other Board member.

Our present board, Joyce, Terry K., Jill, Cindy Z., Cathy F, all hold their
present positions until the close of Convention.  Terry P. and I will still
have one more year on our terms.
The newly elected Board members will be considered  as candidates elect,
until the end of Convention when their position becomes effective.

This way the leadership is stable throughout Convention, and gives a clear
point for change of any leadership as needed at the close of Convention.

I hope that clears up any questions?  If not please don't hesitate to ask.
Dixie

@-> + <-@