[Nfb-krafters-korner] Entrelac

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Wed Mar 7 16:16:12 UTC 2018

The Basics of Entrelac Knitting

By Mary Scott Huff

The architecture of entrelac is different from that of other types of knitting. Entrelac fabric is composed of tiers of blocks that are set on their points, forming diamond shapes. Each block is worked individually and joined to its neighbor as it is being knit.

Entrelac fabric can be created by knitting either flat or tubular shapes. In either method, you make the individual blocks one at a time by turning the work for each row of stitches. The basic process is outlined here.

Cindy Zimmer, CVRCB
Client Services Counselor
NCBVI (Lincoln)
4600 Valley Road, Suite 100