[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 3/14/18

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:07 UTC 2018

Actually the grapevines are more malleable when the vine is still fresh or
else has been soaked in order to soften it.

I had made many grapevine wreaths from the grapevine that took over our
yard.  I would pull it down from strangling the trees and then wind it
into a wreath while it was still freshly cut.

As for unusual items to craft with.  I made one wreath out of all the
different kinds of stuff I had found washed up on the beach.  Shells,
driftwood, feathers,  crab claws, and the unusual things were the pegs they
used to use to wedge in lobster claws to keep the lobsters from snapping
peoples fingers, shell casings from the hunters that hunt our ducks,
fishing bobbers, and other tackle, sea glass, and also pieces of broken
china that had washed up on shore.

I have also made garden stepping stones of cement embedding all kinds of
things like marbles, broken china, sea glass, shells, old silverware, and
the list goes on.

Dixie

@-> + <-@