[Nfb-krafters-korner] Monday Night Chat

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:43:57 UTC 2018

I'm looking forward to this chat.

Nella

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Joyce Kane via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2018 8:30 PM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
Cc: blindhands at aol.com
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Monday Night Chat

Monday Night Chat
May 7  at  7:30 PM Eastern time
605 475 4000  code  966659#

Joyce will be hosting
Topic:  Quilting fabric

We have spoken about the Accuquilt, a tool that you can purchase dies to cut
out shapes perfectly to sew into quilts.  We have spoken about different
shapes that can be used to make up squares and borders when creating your
quilts.  We have spoken about sewing machines that are used for quilting and
this chat will be about fabrics to be used or not used, what you need to do
with these fabrics before you begin and why and different traits of fabrics
you need to consider.

We will also discuss colors and why they are used and prints, solids and all
of that.

In June I will be giving my last 2 chats on quilts and I hope to consider
teaching a quilt class, maybe in September.

The next Chat will be organizing your sewing room and supplies  and mid-June
the last part of the quilting series will be:  Yes, a blind person can use
an embroidery machine to add pizzazz  to a quilt and how and what you can do
with Appliques.

So I hope you can come and learn more about quilting.

Joyce Kane