[Nfb-krafters-korner] Monday Night Chat May 21

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Mon May 7 14:44:06 UTC 2018

Learn about Pay with Chip App

Monday, May 21, 7:30 p.m. Eastern

Monday Night Chat, How to Use the Pay with Chip App

Hosted by Michael Vinocur

Here is an excerpt from a recent talk Michael did that I found interesting:

Q. Can you tell me what motivated/inspired you to create this software?
I developed the idea working with my father who lost his vision about 10 years ago, and has had to develop the skillsets required to successfully navigate online websites. Online shopping in particular is a challenge, and it's one that many share. I spent a great deal of time matching what I was seeing on his computer screen and compared it to what JAWS was telling him and there was such a gap in the quality of the information. I decided that I would create an alternative approach to solving the problem of accessibility in ecommerce. The idea for the marketplace was born. A place where consumers could log on to with any assistive technology they were comfortable with using and regardless of the level of training they might have, and be able to exit with a product they want in less than 10 minutes.

Join us to learn more!

Cindy Zimmer, CVRCB
Client Services Counselor
NCBVI (Lincoln)