[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 5/9/18

Henry Osborne hosbornejr at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:25:08 UTC 2018

Amen and Amen Sharon.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharon Hooley via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:19 PM
To: nfbKrafters Korner
Cc: Sharon Hooley
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 5/9/18

Well, I’ve never had children, unless you count my doll and dummy. Lol.
However, , my sister helped me to make a pull toy for a friend’s daughter.
It was made with part of a milk jug we decorated with smooth paper, I don’t
remember exactly the name of that smooth finishing sheet.

One of my nephews made me some things, I don’t remember exactly, out of
baked clay that was easy to break.

I made a crocheted potholder, the kind that you stitch around and around
until the curls meet half way and you stitch them closed.  I asked her if
she would like it for her birthday.

My mom taught me the basics of knitting and some crocheting, but I  worked
at making only a few projects.  She also taught me sewing, with which I only
made a few things.  then in high school, she sent me some plastic canvas,
which, as you can guess, has become a favorite craft material over the
years, though she herself didn’t use it as much as I have.

My sister gave, or loaned, my mom and me a book with instructions for home
made toys.  I don’t remember how much I helped, but one of the most exciting
projects was a contraption made with a cardboard box with string and beads
that would slide across long strings when you move two handles in together
and pull apart alternately, if I remember correctly.  It would make some
noise as it  dragged along with the string.

Sometimes I like one worded philosophies, so now that I think of it, I would
give my child the word, love; love for God and neighbor that helps us forget
about the basics of needing to follow all His commandments; accepting His
love, friendship and salvation through Christ,  which came before we loved
Him, .

Since my mother is gone, I only count my caregiver.  She is like both a
mother and sister.  I plan to give her  some flowers in a new vase.

On May 9, 2018, at 5:15 PM, KailaAllen via Nfb-krafters-korner

> What is your favorite hand crafted gift made by your child?
>

> I don’t think I have a favorite item from my children, both of them have
> made me items out of salt dough that they handcrafted, dried out and then
> painted. My daughter has made me bracelets and necklaces And they both
> made me cards as well as other crafts. I think I still have every single
> thing they have made me.
>
> What type of things have you made for your mother?
>
> I made my mom a few bath bombs for Mother’s Day this year, I’ve made her
> blankets and a water bottle holder, I have made baskets out of Pineneedles
> they’re very time-consuming but look beautiful when complete.
>

> Did your mother teach you a craft and if so what was it?
> My mom does quilting and scrapbooking. I’ve asked my mom to show me how to
> use my sewing machine but she hasn’t had a chance to do so yet, it’s been
> about two years so I’m not sure that’s ever going to happen.
>
> Do you and your mother craft together and if so what kind of projects do
> you enjoy sharing?
>
> My mom and I don’t really craft together but we do garden together.
> I am planning on teaching my daughter how to loom knit this summer though,
> I’m really excited for this.
>

> What words of wisdom would you most want to share with your child?
>
> Live your life in a way that makes you happy.  Just make sure at the end
> of the day you are proud of yourself.
>

> What would you like to say or do for your mother to express your love?
>
> I feel that the best gift you can give someone is your time, so that’s
> what I will give my mom.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Kaila
>
> The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not
> expect to sit.   Nelson G Henderson
>

>> On May 9, 2018, at 2:56 PM, Zimmer, Cindy via Nfb-krafters-korner
>> <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org <mailto:nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> This one is a little tough for me since we are coming up on my mom's
>> birthday (May 18th) and a year from her passing (June 5).
>>
>> We did craft together when I was a child and she worked with Key Punch
>> Cards and we created wreaths out of them and spray painted them for
>> Christmas.
>>
>> She taught me how to make the candy wreaths and shared her poem which I
>> have shared with all of you.
>>
>> Maybe more later!
>>
>> Cindy Zimmer, CVRCB
>> Client Services Counselor
>> NCBVI (Lincoln)
>> 4600 Valley Road, Suite 100
>> Lincoln, NE 68510
>> 402.450.5262  Fax:  402.471.3009

Is it hard to communicate with family and friends?  Visit
http://cochlearamericas.com