[Nfb-krafters-korner] Alabama BELL Academy suggestions

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Sat May 26 13:26:39 UTC 2018

Jill, make bracelets on wire with large wooden beads and jingle bells.  We
did necklaces the first year, but bracelets are better for young kids.  Then
they can all ring when somebody does something well.
Just be sure to get rid of sharp ends of wire, inside beads worked for me.

Paper bag puppets are good for some.  I can try to remember other things we
did when I was doing crafts in BELL.  Now here they don't do much crafts;
too many trips. If you want more, write offline.  I can also tell you
wonderful stories about kids maturing and using what they learned in BELL.
I directed the first two years and taught Braille after that.  Last year I
cooked.  This year, to Europe.  Fortunately, I found a wonderful woman to
take over 20 years younger than I. You will love this experience! One of our
BELL kids made an exxcellent presentation to our Legislative luncheon.
Another who has spinabiffeta (spelling not confirmed) rode in our hbike ride
this year, and his mother told me he is a different kid. His teacher in
school is using NFB materials.   Brings tears to my eyes to think of some of
these things. BELL is one of the best things NFB has developped for both
kids and adults.
Ramona