[NFB-Krafters-Korner] red heart web site gurr

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 13:58:01 UTC 2018

Good morning,

I have had quite a time with the red heart web site. I created an account
and signed up for their newsletter, and received notification in my email.
Sounds good, right? Nope. When I tried to log in it told me that the info
didn't match either the email address or password was wrong. So, I asked
them to send me a link to change my password. Nope again. It said my
information didn't match, so they wouldn't send me anything so I could get a
new password. Just in case you think I am web site ignorant, my son-in-law
tried with a new email address this morning, and it did the same thing to
him. He is a computer programmer for a large company. I'll call Monday to
see what I can do.

Fortunately, he was able to download some patterns for me without logging
in.

I have had several difficulties with my grandson's sweater. First of all, I
didn't realize the UK needles are different from US needles. Second, my
daughter measured my grandson's chest incorrectly. So, I am taring out about
11 inches of knitting to start over. I had his other grandmother measure his
chest and now it sounds more reasonable.

I found a conversion chart for uk to us sizes of needles, but I don't think
it is correct. It said that size 5 uk needles are equivalent to size 9 us
needles. Also it said that size 7 uk are size 7 us needles. That doesn't
make any sense, because size 5 uk is for the ribbing and everywhere I have
seen a pattern, you use smaller needles for the ribbing.

I will start again tomorrow or Monday with a new pattern. I'll call this
really cool yarn shop here in town and ask them about uk vs us needles. I
really want to make that pattern, because it is made in one piece. There is
very little sewing required.

Have a great Saturday.

Bernice and the adorable LoLO.

_._,_._,_