[NFB-Krafters-Korner] OT: I found a new grocery delivery service

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 23:18:35 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I wanted to let everyone know about a shopping delivery service that I have
just discovered. It is called Walmart grocery. Todd and I are trying it for
the first time tomorrow.

You might wish to see if it is in your area by searching for Walmart grocery
on Google and putting in your zip code on the website to find out if it is
available in your area.

We got the Walmart app from the app store. We also signed in and created an
account on the Mac.

Wow, it is so speech friendly! It is very well organized with categories you
can click on, a search box to find a specific brand of something, a section
for your orders and another for you to keep your favorites. We did the
ordering right from the iPhone. When you search for an item you get a list.
Next to each item is a button to add to cart and a button to add to
favorites. What I really enjoyed was strolling down the aisles to see what
was available. Oh yes, the prices are great! They have their own brand along
with many brand name items.

After you submit your order, you can edit it up until 1:00 a.m. the day
before. We ordered for the next day which is tomorrow, and we had a large
order around $150 and the delivery charge was $7.99. I don't know how the
delivery fee is set.

I will have to let you know how it works out with the delivery. I am
interested to see what kinds of dates I get on my dairy items, whether my
vegetables are fresh, and what kinds of substitutes I get for items they do
not have. Unfortunately, there is no way to know ahead of time whether they
are out of a specific item. I suspect this is because the App is not
connected with the inventory in my local store.

Eagerly awaiting my ice cream!

Have a wonderful day!

Cathy F

---