[NFB-Krafters-Korner] help with adding new skein of super sulky yarn

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 23:59:56 UTC 2018

Hi Cathy,

I can tell you what I do. I start the new yarn at the beginning of a row. I
put the new yarn over the right hand needle after putting the point of my
needle through the first stitch. It doesn't matter whether it is a knit or
pearl. You let the working yarn and the end hang down and then be sure to
work the stitch, picking up the working yarn to continue with the next
stitch .I tried it a few times before I got it right, but I finally got it
right. You can snug up the hanging end after you get going.

I changed color 18 times in the poncho I just finished for my grandson. It
was a rainbow. I then could burry the old and new ends by weaving them
through the back side of the work after snugging them up. I let my friend
help me berry the ends on the poncho, because some of the stripes were very
narrow, and I wanted to berry the end in the same color as that end.

It looks really neat. He was so happy to ware it to preschool Friday.

I know there is a way to do it in the middle of a row, but someone showed me
how and when I got home I didn't have it right. So, I need to go back to
that person and see if I can get it cemented into my brain.

Bernice and the adorable LoLo.