[NFB-Krafters-Korner] question about loom use for classes

Jamie Prater jdprater at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 22 02:03:04 UTC 2018

Hi, what looms are used for the classes?  If I wanted to take a dish cloth
class, what loom do you all recommend?  I just got a huge selection of looms
but the smaller ones for dishcloths have from 15 to 21 or somewhere along
that line in numbers of pegs.  Any advice on what are good looms
particularly for dish cloths that will handle the patterns you all are
working or on or want to teach would be fantastic.  There are so many out
there and the peg size and amounts and all that stuff are so diversified.
In the classes that are taught, do you use a long loom with figure eight
wrap variations or a round loom and only use the amount of pegs necessary
for the pattern?  I can do the E wrap knit, the flat knit, and and I think
the flat purl.  I have Isela's knitting loom primer on audio and hope to use
it in braille when and/or if I get a note taker or other braille device and
can read electronic braille again.  My braillenote battery or something died
after ten wonderful years of use and I took as good care of it as I could.
Thanks bunches for any information and/or advice on this as I want to expand
my knowledge of stitches on both looms and needles in knitting.  Have a
blessed day.