[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Update on the Members Meeting

ms.sunmsflower61@gmail.com ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 22:05:30 UTC 2018

Thanks to those that attended our general meeting!  We appreciate your interest in the Krafters Division.  We know a few others had scheduling issues. There is no perfect time or day so we just do our best.    Here are a few of the items we discussed:

1. Membership
* We lost Terry Knox to illness.  She will be missed but not forgotten.
2.  Christmas Party
Jill has offered to continue hosting the Christmas Party that was started by Terry K.  Stay tuned for updates.
3. Publicity
We have an article in “The Braille Monitor” about our Division.  ATTENTION Members:  If you are making items and donating them to a charity, would you please let Jill know.  It would be a nice thing to share.  It would be wonderful to share with prospective members that this Division gives back to our community.  It would even be a nice thing to see that posted on this lis, so please share.
We are also looking for other outlets for sharing information about us.  If you have ideas, please let me or someone else on the board know.  We would appreciate hearing from you.
4. Classes
I GREATLY appreciate every person that gives their time to teach a class.  Without teachers, there are no classes.  We continually need classes on our calendar.  Please contact me for questions about getting a date.  I will put contact info at the end of this message.
5.  Headsup on Resources!!  One of the resources we use is the internet.  As each of us go surfing and find what we “think” to be a site of value but run into accessibility issues, please share that website on the list.  NFB has a reputation for speaking up about this issue.  If you see an email about a site, please test it yourself and comment to the thread.  As a Division of NFB, we can submit letters collectively to the business.  We, NFB, have made a difference in the past and can continue this practice.  Crafting can be a hobby or even become a business, so when we speak up, we just might be having a positive affect on another blind person that doesn’t even know us.  Once again, giving back.

These are some of the items discussed.  I hope you find something that sparks pride in being or becoming an member of the Krafters Division of NFB.

Tammy Freitag, President
Ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Krafters.division.president at gmail.com
402-904-5105