[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Garden stuff

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Sep 30 14:30:40 UTC 2018

For those of you who garden in containers, I just got an ad from Park Seed
for blackberries that are happy to grow in a pot.  There are also several
varieties of blueberries for pots.  I love fresh fruit I grow myself.

For people who have a yard, now is the time to plant garlic and onions for
next year.  It's also the time to plant bulbs for next spring.  It makes me
so happy, when it's still cold, and the first flowers start opening.  And in
January or February, when there's still plenty of snow, but the daffodil
shoots come up, waiting for spring to come.  They're so easy too; just plant
the bulb about twice as deep as it is big, a bit deeper if the winters are
really cold, and they'll come up for years with no extra help.

Tracy