[NFB-Krafters-Korner] knitting a shawl

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 01:15:56 UTC 2019

I started knitting a Scandinavian prayer shawl today. It is interesting for
a couple of reasons. The pattern has you slip the first stitch of every row.
It makes for a nice border. The shawl is knitted from the top down. Because
of how the increases come, it has a definite curve and is already looking
like the top going over the shoulders and upper back. It is pretty cool. It
is mostly garter stitch, and if it continues to be that, I am going to have
to figure in some pattern stitches.

This might sound crazy, but I am thinking of taking my daughter's shawl
back, taking It apart, and doing it again with this shaping. She also
decided she isn't a summer person in her coloring, so the solid yellow isn't
the best color for her anyway.

Bernice and the adorable LoLo.