[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Peanutbutter dog treats

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 5 14:34:33 UTC 2019

I know I don't have honey on hand, so I probably substituted sugar, and may have cut the amount.
Tracy

Peanutbutter dog treats
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (see note below for substitutions)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
1 egg
***NOTE: some dogs are allergic to flour/wheat. if you want to make these wheat free, you can use rice flour of coconut flour as a replacement. they will work, but might change the consistency a bit. thanks so much to the readers who wrote it about this!

Instructions
1.preheat oven to 350F
2.In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and the egg. Add peanut butter, water, honey and stir until you have stiff dough. the dough becomes very firm and sticky. you may need to use your hands, or the paddle attachment on your mixer.
3.On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about 1/2 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes. the treats barely spread and rise, so get creative with your shapes.
4.Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.