[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Starting to Knit Again After a While

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] terry.powers at nih.gov
Thu Apr 11 19:02:07 UTC 2019

I want to add to Bernice's description.

When you knit a stitch, you will have a loop on the left needle and one on the right needle, before dropping the loop, off the left needle, so the stitche is split, half on  the left needle and half on the right.
Now, when you knit your stitch and half the stitch is on each needle, a loop on each needle, that is when you move the loop from the right needle, to the left.
Do not drop the left loop off the needle, like you would do, with a regular knit stitch.
Now your old loop is on the left needle and your new loop is on the left needle, because you did not drop the first stitch.
Repeat with the last loop on the needle, closest to your point, until you have the number of stitches, you want.

Terry