[NFB-Krafters-Korner] What am I doing wrong?

Lisamaria Martinez lisamaria0217 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 18:59:36 UTC 2019

Hi there crochet experts:

So, I have a problem and I sort of know how to fix it but it isn't
always working out.

I think I have a tension issue.

When I crochet a DC there is usually a saggy feeling yarn leading up
to the DC. It's most promenant when there is a chain before the DC.
So, if I am doing a granny square, let's say I have 2 chains and then
2 DCs. Right after that second chain, leading into the DC, there is a
bit of a droop.

I've noticed if I loosen my tension and think tall, that droop doesn't
happen as much and as often.

I've been trying to make a moss stich blanket where there is a chain
in between each SC. I'm finding that the droopy yarn is happening here
too.

Am I seriously just crocheting too tight? Should I be holding the yarn
differently?

Any advice would be appreciated.

LM