[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Questions to crochet crafters

ReNae Anderson mother27dragon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 23:11:34 UTC 2019

Let me see if I can help you answer these questions. And counting the stitches, I like to use a stitch marker. This can be anything from a piece of thread or yarn to a twisty tie or even a safety pin. That would mark the beginning of your round or row. The stitch marker would be put in though stitch at the beginning of your count.

And counting the stitches, I count the spaces, or holes,. You can count the posts, but the holes are easier for me to determine and it counts as the post to the right of it. Generally speaking anyway.

In determining your account on a row, it is often difficult to know what stage is the last one before you turn. When turning at the end of the row, this will determine how many chain stitches you will do at the end. If you are doing single crochet‘s, you will chain one. If you’re doing double crochets, you will chain to. Once you have chained  the number you want, you will turn and go back the opposite way on your Row. Do you account that first ditch and continue counting all the way down to the end. Sometimes, there seems to be one little tiny stitch at the end that will count as a stitch. It depends on what you’re doing and how it looks.

I hope this wasn’t too confusing. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

ReNae

Karyn ReNae Anderson