[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Front and back post double crochet

Tammy Freitag ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 18:33:53 UTC 2019

Hello,
I'll give this a shot.  Smile! When it says "back post, everything is
worked on the back side of your piece.  I will use a dc for an
example.  With a loop on your hook, you will insert your hook from the
back side of your work in through the space between the stitches, the
hook will lay across the "post" of the stitch and then insert the hook
into the next space, yo, pull yarn through the space, in front of the
post and through that first space.  This will put your hook and yarn
on the back side of your work. Continue working your stitch as usual.

If you want a front post, you insert the hook into the space from the
front, around behind the back of the post and into the next space.
The hook will be poking out towards the front of the piece, yo pull
yarn through the space, around behind the post and back through the
first space.  This will have you continuing your stitch on the front
of your work.

Hope that makes sense.  If I messed that up, somebody please jump in
and make corrections.

Take care!
Tammy

On 12/2/19, Melissa Tucker via NFB-Krafters-Korner

--
Independence is yours .  Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy