[NFB-Krafters-Korner] O T Earthquake In Albania

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] terry.powers at nih.gov
Tue Dec 3 20:30:07 UTC 2019

God Bless!
You are very lucky!
We are glad to hear you are alright!

Terry, Henry, Sophie and all of KK

-----Original Message-----
From: Dorothea Martin via NFB-Krafters-Korner <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:19 PM
To: nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org
Cc: Dorothea Martin <bestsinger at samobile.net>
Subject: Re: [NFB-Krafters-Korner] O T Earthquake In Albania

Hello, All,
Things are beginning to normalize here in Tirana, about 15 miles from the epicenters of the quakes. The government has set a goal of tearing down all uninhabitable buildings by the end of the year. Schools have been closed since the big earthquake last Tuesday but all but the universities will open on Thursday and the universities will open next week. We are still having after-shocks, that means smaller quakes of magnitude 2 or 3, but we are getting used to those. A surprising amount of money has been raised to help those who have lost their homes. Most of the injuries were caused by people running down the stairs when the buildings were still shaking, they are now advising people, especially the disabled and elderly, not to try to go out until the immediate shaking stops. My building was not damaged at all. Furthermore, I am still knitting.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I'm sure they are helping keep me safe.
Dotty Martin