[NFB-Krafters-Korner] New Class in January!

Deb B. misslady0971 at att.net
Fri Dec 6 14:05:09 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

One day I got to thinking about when I first started knitting.  I remember one of the first things I knitted was an afghan.  That sent my thoughts zinging far away to remember that since I was in school, I had someone right there to help me get started on the pattern.  That led to this class.

Maybe there are some crafters out there who would like to make afghans but are a little concerned about lace or patterns other than the textured knit and purls.  They’d like to do lace but are hesitant to read the patterns because of stars and such or repeats of the pattern.  If so, this class will help.

I call it the Forgiving Afghan—will say why in class.

This class will be a little different.  We will _not be making the afghan that night.  But what I will do is take you through the first repeat of the pattern.  I will show you how to read the pattern and how to listen to your pattern which will often help you know if you’ve made an error.

I hope this will be a fun class and that there are some people who would like to take the class.

There will be a little homework.  We need to cast on either 22 or 40 stitches and knit a few rows—maybe 2 or 4.  Bring that to class.  The reason I say 22 or 40 is that you can decide what yarn to use, what needles, markers, and whether you want to do 1 repeat or 2.  We will be doing 12 rows in class, so 22 sts might be best.  If you knit really fast, though, you can probably do the 40 and see more how the pattern looks.  But I’d probably do the 22.  Hopefully that will tantalize you into making the afghan!

After the class, I will be sending you the pattern as well as hints I have given in the class.

Oh and you need to be able to knit, purl, yarn over, and there are a couple other stitches but we can help you with those—knit 2 tog and slip a stitch.

Sure hope you all will come!!!

Deb B.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10