[NFB-Krafters-Korner] joining yarn

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Feb 24 14:16:39 UTC 2019

Hi Maria.
This is what I do, although there may be better ways.
Leave 5-6 inches of the old yarn. Start knitting with the new yarn, leaving a 5-6 inch tail sticking out next to the tail from the old yarn.  After one row, cross the 2 ends and gently pull them snug.  Weave in the ends, trying to keep them on the back side.

I am knitting a shawl using 2 colors of yarn, and I'm afraid to weave in the ends in case I weave color A where I should have color B.  I think I will get a sighted person to do it at the yarn store, unless people have good suggestions.  The colors are very close together, intermixed in the same row.  I hate having all these ends flopping around, but I'm nervous to fix them myself.
Tracy