[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday-What are your New Years resolutions when it comes to Krafting?

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 00:20:58 UTC 2019

Hi Kiala,

Are you an Freecycle? It is an international/regional list where people post things they want to give away and also items they are looking for. Everything is free. That is a rule of the group. It is an effort to keep things out of landfills. One time someone requested a few pairs of knitting needles, because some neighborhood girls wanted to learn. I gave her quite a few.

Also, do you have a way to hawk the garage sales in season? If you had a buddy to go with, or let friends that go know what you are looking for, you can get great crafting stuff. A friend of mine bought me a whole shoe box of knitting needles, and a large bag of plastic canvus.

One time I gave a box of broken jewelery I didn't want to someone for craft projects.

Personally I love a box of "junk" to make collages.

Joyce has taught many pony bead classes, and Cindy Zimmer has taught us how to make many cute projects with things you find around your house. Also, if you tell your student's parents enough ahead, maybe they can save items for projects.

Bernice and the adorable LoLo.