[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Teaching Needle Knitting at Upcoming Convention

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] terry.powers at nih.gov
Wed Jul 3 13:47:44 UTC 2019

Hi Lisa;

When will you be arriving?

If no one else steps up to the plate, I can get you started!

I would start with size 11  in US sizes or close to that.

You want a yarn that does not split easily.  Bernet soft and chuncky or serenity or woolies thick and quick, would be fine.

What ever you do, do not get Home town for your first time.  It can split, easily!

I find metal needles easier to use, because the stitches slide easily and for a beginner, you might be knitting tight.

Here are my 2 e-mails for anyone interested.
I do not claim to be the best, but what I know, came from one of the best, Dixie!

Terry.powers at nih.gov  until 1:00 Wednesday

Home terrypowers59 at gmail.com

Terry Powers