[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Interested in learning how to make a coiled bathmat

Dani Pagador daniknits at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 18:57:57 UTC 2019

Hi.
There are two audiobooks and one Braille book from BARD on rug making.
I'm assuming you could use one of these rugs as a bath mat?

HTH,
Dani

How to make braided rugs DB11681

Carty, Sally Clarke. Reading time: 2 hours, 52 minutes.
 Read by Barbara Cire.

 Hobbies and Crafts

 Guidelines for selection and preparation of fabrics, and for braiding
and putting rugs together. Also includes pointers about color
combinations, dyeing, designs, and care of rugs.

Woman's day book of American needlework DB16691

Lane, Rose Wilder. Reading time: 7 hours, 47 minutes.
 Read by Ila Toney.

 Hobbies and Crafts

 Deals with the history and development of needlework arts in America
and includes step-by-step instructions for beginning as well as
advanced needle workers, on the techniques of embroidery, crewel
cross-stitch, needle-point, patchwork, applique, quilting, hooking
crochet, knitting, candlewicking, and rugmaking.

Making rag rugs: 15 step-by-step projects BR14617

Hubbard, Clare. 1 volume.

 Hobbies and Crafts

 Explains the basic techniques of hooking, prodding, clipping, and
braiding practiced in the traditional craft of converting rags into
useful rugs. Discusses materials, equipment, preparation, and
finishing. Includes instructions for fifteen projects--from simple to
complex patterns--applying the described methods. 2002.

On 7/6/19, Kaila Allen via NFB-Krafters-Korner