[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Sock looms

flowersandherbs at gmail.com flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 19:34:32 UTC 2019

Hi all,

As I mentioned I am planning to make some needle knit socks for the first
time in the near future.

Meanwhile, my favorite company to get looms from
ishttps://www.cindwoodlooms.com <https://www.cindwoodlooms.com/>

I found an adult sock loom on the site which explains what gauge it is, how
many pegs, and what yarn can be used with it.

Here are the details about the loom.

3/8" 40 PEG ADULT LG SOCK, SMALL GAUGE LOOM

*         $28.00

  _____

  _____

This new fine gauge loom in 3/8" spacing is the same ring size as our Adult
Slipper Loom. It is perfect for making Adult size finer gauge socks and
other small gauge projects.

Ideal for 2 strands of #3 or 1 strand of worsted weight #4 yarn.

I have made slippers on the large gauge loom and learned a good way to knit
the sock including the heel without any sewing. I assume that the same
process of shaping the heel can be used for socks, but of course the number
of pegs and the number of rows will vary. That is why I'd need a pattern to
make one.

Hope this helps.

Cathy F