[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Knitting lace patterns

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Mar 2 17:15:28 UTC 2019

I enjoy knitting lace patterns, though I don't use lace yarn.  Too thin for
my taste, and thin needles make my hands stiff.

My trick for knitting lace patterns is lots of stitch markers.  I put a
marker every one or two repeats, depending on how many stitches are in a
repeat.  Then, if I go wrong, it's obvious pretty quick, and I can go back
and fix it.  Though taking out and fixing a slip-knit-pass slip over combo
is a good way to drop stitches.

And I write out the pattern in braille, then use a paper clip to mark my
row, so I don't get lost.

I have made some beautiful tops with lace patterns.  My favorite is rose
trellis.

Tracy