[NFB-Krafters-Korner] life lines?

D Dyer dgrrl39 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 03:06:31 UTC 2019

A lifeline is a piece of yarn or thread or, what I actually use, dental floss that you insert into your knitting or crochet to preserve your work up to that point. It runs through a row of stitches but isn’t knit into them. The idea is that if you make a mistake you can pull out what you’ve done without having to pull out more than is necessary. I don’t use them very frequently but I have been using them quite a bit with this new project I am working on. I don’t find them particularly hard to insert but you do have to be careful when knitting the row immediately after the lifeline. I like to use on waxed dental floss for inserting life lines because it’s easy to tell the difference between that and my actual knitting. But you could also use lace yarn or some other thinner yarn.