[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Afterthought heel

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu May 9 13:40:00 UTC 2019

I'm making socks from a pattern, which I hardly ever do.  I usually make up
my own pattern.

The pattern uses the afterthought heel, but, after talking it over with the
gurus at the yarn store, I decided to do a different heel instead.  The
afterthought heel sounds really hard.  First, I'd have to run a needle
through already-knit stitches to pick them up.  That's the really hard part,
picking up every stitch, and going in a straight line.  Then, I'd have to
cut the knitting and put in the heel.

Has anyone made this kind of heel?  Am I imagining it's harder than it
really is?

Tracy