[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Rectangle loom

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri May 17 16:24:57 UTC 2019

Hello

Working with a rectangle loom is similar to working with a circle loom. You can knit around the loom or knit flat, going back and forth using the number of pegs you wish. The difference with a rectangular loom is that you can also double knit. Double knitting involves knitting across from the  left to right side and back and forth across  the loom.
Henry has taught  the double knitting a number of times, so if you are interested in that particularly, let him know.
If you wish to knit all around your rectangular loom, you can make a tube of the size of your loom, say for a pouch or bag. At the end of your knitting you simply sew the end after casting off. I am willing to teach this technique if there is interest. However I will need to know how many pegs are On both of your looms and your loom gauges, Kayla and Bernice, so I can figure out what the loom might make.
Depending on the gauge of your looms, you can make a dishcloth, shawl or scarf which I can also teach. This involves flat knitting using a certain number of pegs on the rectangular loom.

Hope this helps explain the uses of a rectangular loom.

May God bless you.
 Cathy F