[NFB-Krafters-Korner] discovery

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 03:15:58 UTC 2019

I disassembled the cast on because I needed just a couple of extra rows of border. I just kept pulling the end of the yarn where it let me pull it through, and when it showed me a stitch loop I put it on my needle. I think I took out 2 rows, but I just put those rows back in plus a couple more.

I have 9 rectangles done, and they are all different. I'm working extra hours, and I knit between calls when I can. I have to keep the pattern simple so I can keep track while answering the phone.

I am using size 9 needles, and depending on the pattern I use 24 or 28 stitches. If there are cables and or ribbing I use more stitches to get the right width.

I am having to block them. I bought these great blocking squares. They are like a jig saw puzzle the way the connect together. Each one is a square foot, and there is a grid marked on them so you can get the right measurement. They come with t shaped pins. My friend helped me put 3 more rectangles on the blocks tonight.

Take care,
Bernice and the adorable Lolo.