[NFB-Krafters-Korner] re mattress stitch

Deb B. misslady0971 at att.net
Mon Nov 25 12:55:29 UTC 2019

Something I might add about the mattress stitch was that a long time ago, a lady at a yarn shop tried to explain to me how to do the stitch.  I really had a hard time with it!  Later, though, I figured out in my head what the problem was.  What I found out, just for me, was that if I put a pin in the two stitches that were to come next, all the way across, it was easier for me to understand how to align the stitches.  I tried it later and actually, I got to where I could do it without having the pins/markers in all the stitches.  So then I would put the pins as Tracy suggested.  But it helped me understand how to do it better with all the pins/markers.  I never actually completed an item with the stitch but I liked the feel of it.  I’d like to try it again and will await the class!

I loved the class about sewing by hand.  I pretty much remembered it correctly only there were a few things that Tracy helped me understand better.

Also, for the lady who was talking about overcasting, I’d love to try that as well.

I’m having problems with my email so I never know when or if you all will get this message, but I appreciate all those who have helped with comments and instruction in finishing items.

Deb B.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10