[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Need feedback from the sewers in the group.

Courtney F. Smith cmfulghum at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 20:35:32 UTC 2019

I’m up. For any quilting classes.

________________________________
From: NFB-Krafters-Korner <nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> on behalf of Joyce Kane via NFB-Krafters-Korner <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Friday, October 4, 2019 2:49 PM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
Cc: blindhands at aol.com
Subject: [NFB-Krafters-Korner] Need feedback from the sewers in the group.

I am looking ahead and just want to see what you might be
interested in sewing on a machine. I have a couple of ideas to do after the
holidays. Once I get your thoughts I will get the info about supplies and
kind of look at some dates.

January:

I would like to teach how to make a quilt being as small as a lap quilt and
as large as a bed quilt and any where in between that.

I am thinking about a rag quilt. Do you know what a rag quilt is?

It is not the one that is made out of scraps of fabric.

Accuquilt has a die you can use to cut out the squares and it fringes the
edges at the same time. It is the 8 ½ “ rag square and I used the 5 “
square for cutting out the batting.

This is all done on the sewing machine and there is no hand sewing or hand
quilting involved.

When you are finished you need to watch this in [suggested laundry mat] and
dry it there too. It does create a lot of lint. If you do it at home, you
need to empty the lint thingy in your dryer several times during the drying
of it especially if you use flannel. It is worth it as it feels so good
when you get done with it. You can do it with cotton cloth, too.

I am considering next to repeat the 8 pointed star table topper in March.
The last time I taught this I had the dies to cut it out and I purchased
fabric [Fall colors] and cut it out for everyone and sold the kits for it.
In March folks can pick Easter fabrics, spring colors, and lots other
fabrics, even red, white and blues for Memorial Day & July 4th. I had
offered to folks who bought their own fabric that I would cut it out for
them, but they needed to mail it out to me and pay for shipping back and be
sure I received it in time before the class.

If the majority don’t like my suggestions I have one more up my sleeve that
I never taught here before, but it is a block swap. More to tell about that
after I here what you folks think about the above classes.

Joyce Kane

Kane Kids Shop

https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/.../shop/Directory_Departments?store...