[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Charts, gack

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Sep 8 13:41:59 UTC 2019

I grabbed some of the books on Jan's list from Bookshare.  Because I love
hats, the first one I looked at was Folk Hats.  The first hat I looked at
has a chart, and so does the second.  After that, I got depressed and
stopped, at least for a while.

Both Bookshare and NLS put out books with lots of charts and no
descriptions.  It's very frustrating.  Without any useful directions,
they're just books on technique, and sometimes not even that.

I'm sure the Bookshare book came straight from the publisher, and was never
touched by a proofreader.  It's how Bookshare gets lots of books to share,
which is usually great.  But they're never vetted by anyone to see how
useful some of them are.

Guess I'll have to go to Bookshare and write a review.

Tracy