[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Wed Sep 11 18:27:48 UTC 2019

My daughter came down and told me a plane crashed into one of the twin
towers.  I put the TV on and started listening.  My daughter had to leave
and basically I was homekinda by myself as John was sleeping due to working
the midnight shift.  After the second plane hit I just had to wake him up
and tell him.  At that point they didn't know what or why and he told me
when he wakes up then he would check it out.  So I sat and listened to the
TV until he got up in the afternoon.  It was unbelievable.  After he woke up
we heard a group of helicopters flying by from Sikorsky' as it is less than
2 miles away.  He had heard the rumor that all helicopters that could fly
went to New Jersey to wait for any survivers that needed transportation to
hospitals they would use them.

The hardest thing for me was when I heard these helicopters flying back and
by that time they didn't think a lot of folks made it out.

Every year since then our VFW holds a remembrance as tonight at 7 PM outside
the VFW.  People are invited and it is the only time and place that the town
of Stratford has this.  The Fire department along with the police department
stops by and the girl scouts and boy scouts are invited to read the names of
the folks killed in this awful , awful time.  We won't forget...s

Joyce Kane
 Kane Kids Shop
https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/.../shop/Directory_Departments?store...