[NFB-Krafters-Korner] 2020 Convention Update

Tammy Freitag krafters.division.president at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 21:52:08 UTC 2020

If you made plans to attend the 2020 National Federation of the Blind
National Convention, PLEASE read this important UPDATE!  I just got
this fromwww.nfb.org.
***Update***
Considering the ongoing impact and wide-ranging effects of the
COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 National Convention will be held virtually
for the first time.

Join us as we celebrate NFB’s eightieth anniversary and expand our
circle of participation, connecting blind Americans from coast to
coast for what we expect to be the largest gathering of blind people
in history.

*The 2020 National Convention was originally scheduled to take place
in Houston, Texas at the Hilton Americas-Houston.

How to Participate
The agenda for the 2020 National Convention will feature most of the
elements our members know and love, with some new twists. There will
be multiple ways to participate in and interact with all convention
events, from video conferencing to phone access. Plus, as local
conditions permit, NFB affiliates will organize in-person gatherings
in conjunction with sessions being held at the national level to
enhance the convention experience.

Hotel Reservations
*If you booked hotel reservations at the Hilton Americas-Houston or
the Marriott Marquis Houston, you will receive a full refund of any
deposit collected by the hotel. The hotel will contact you no later
than May 1 to confirm the amount to be credited.

Registration
Members are requested and non-members are invited to register at no
cost in order to get access to exclusive offers, convention
announcements, door prizes, and other exciting content.

Register today for the 2020 National Convention.

*Operating the national convention virtually still costs money. While
registration is free, we welcome and encourage donations to support
our ongoing work to protect the rights of all blind Americans.

*If you previously registered for the 2020 National Convention, either
online or through the mail, you will be contacted about your
registration fees and banquet ticket ***
 ***
More updates as I get them!purchases.

--
Tammy Freitag, President