[NFB-Krafters-Korner] new knitters

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:32:29 UTC 2020

This is for those of you who took one or more of the beginning classes in the last month: casting on; basic knit stitch; or casting off or finding off.  We need to hear from you how you have progressed and what you want to do next. Please don't give up if you are having trouble. Rather, contact me, Jeanette, or one of the other knitters on this list. It is not unusual to need a second explanation or description. I recommend one to one so that you can repeat back what you are understanding and get immediate feedback. There were so many interested that the class was a good place to start. But there were at least ten new or almost new knitters on the first two calls which did not allow for as much interaction with each of you as I would have liked. You can write me ofplist at walhoframona at gmail_com. So let's have some feedback. Do not feel as though you are being criffical, because it will not be taken that way.

I am prepared to teach a class on the basic purl stitch if anybody wants it. It can wait or not. Please let us know. Others have also offered to help. I think we should try to work with one teacher at a time, but that does not mean that a second person cannot be helpful. You can try different hand positions and different terminology. This is a good time to take on a new skill. So I am hoping to hear from you.
Ramona