[NFB-Krafters-Korner] News & Updates

Tammy Freitag krafters.division.president at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 20:22:18 UTC 2020

Division News & Updates
Convention
You are invited to participate in activities and events provided by
the National Federation of the Blind from July 14-18, 2020 for our
first ever virtual Convention.  .  Please register for this “FREE”
Convention.  Yep, it is “FREE” to attend but by registering you are
eligible for door prizes. Currently, over 1,000 people have
registered.
Register Here:
https://www.nfb.org/registrationMembership
The Krafters’ Division finds ourselves two months from the end of our
membership year. If you are currently a paid member, this expires on
June 30, 2020.  Sometimes we just wait until we are at the National
Convention to pay our $20.00 dues.  This year, as you know things are
so different.  With the National Convention being virtual, please take
advantage of the Early Bird Registration
here:https://www.krafterskorner.org/membership/

Voting
We will be conducting our business and fun virtually too.  We will be
holding a General Meeting.  The process for voting is still under
development at this time.  NOTE!! You DO have to be a paid member to
participate in the voting process of the National Federation of the
Blind Krafters’ Division.  Your board has set July 10, 2020 as the
deadline for paying your dues.  Go ahead and get it done so you won’t
forget to do it.
Pay here:
https://www.krafterskorner.org/membership/

Afghan Raffle
Your board met on Sunday, April 26th.  After a lengthy discussion, we
determined that the afghan raffle be delayed. We felt that ticket
sells would be greater if potential customers could see the afghan in
person.  You have been so great to take time to make rectangles to
make this fund-raiser possible.  You are GREATLY!! Appreciated!!  Jill
has invested a great deal of time in assembling the afghan and is
working on a nice boarder.  Thanks! Jill for all that work!

We will keep you posted on any changes in this project.  We just said
delay, not scrubbed.

General Meeting
During our Division Convention time we will be conducting business
during the first portion of our time.  The remainder of our time will
be holding a Craft Extravaganza.  The title was given as a Memorial to
Cindi Zimmer.  Cindi was a very dedicated crafter and Instructor on
our little corner.  Cindi and her skills are greatly missed!  Now, in
order for this to happen, we need some help from you.  Yes, we need
people to volunteer to teach a small craft with our group.  If you are
able to share, here’s the information I will need: Project type,
supplies, skills needed and how long will this take.  Email:
krafters.division.president at gmail.com

Listserv
Here are a few reminders for our listserv since we have new people joining us.
*Off Topic messages are acceptable.  Please put OT in the subject field.
*The 1st and 15th of each month is the day you can advertise items for
sell.  Keep in mind that ALL transactions are between the buyer and
the seller.  The Division is not responsible for any portion of your
business transactions.
    *Craft questions are welcome on the listserv.
*Short responses to questions are acceptable on the listserv.
*Our listserv is not the place for teaching.  A class is the place for
teaching to happen.

I can say thank you for not sending spam to the list or acting
inappropriately!  You are great!

Classes
We need more classes!  There are so many smart crafters around here.
We would love to learn from you!  If you hesitate because you are not
very confident, you can have a Co-Instructor.  If you would want to
practice teaching your craft, that can happen as well!  If you don’t
know what you could teach, check out our archive page at
https://www.krafterskorner.org/archived/.  Repeats are just fine!  If
you want to teach and hate that Class Proposal Form, I will help you
take care of that.  Did I take care of all of those excuses yet?
Smile!  Yes, we have the Beginner class in Loom Knitting and Crochet,
this does not keep you from teaching a Loom Knit or Crochet Project.
All you have to do to schedule a class is contact me for a class date.

I think I covered most of the items for now.  If you have questions
about any of this, please let me know by email or Telephone.
Email: Krafters.division.president at gmail.com

Thanks for your time and attention!
--Tammy Freitag, President
NFB Krafters' Division