[NFB-Krafters-Korner] OT: Free downloads, a virtual poetry reading, a concert video and more!

Tammy Freitag ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:35:01 UTC 2020

Check out the latest free downloads at our bookstore and participate
in our virtual events.

Uplifting Poetry Night with National Braille Press

Thursday, April 30th, 5:30 PM Eastern
Join us tomorrow night for an evening of uplifting poetry moderated by
braille reader and poetry lover, Kathie Schneider. This evening will
be an opportunity for the NBP community to share in poems that lift
the spirit. Kathie Schneider will read poems from 100 Poems to Lift
Your Spirits by Leslie Pockell. This book has poems from the world’s
greatest poets that will inspire and make you laugh. You will also
have an opportunity to read your favorite uplifting poems or your own
poems that lift your spirit.

During this pandemic, it can be a challenge to find moments of
laughter and community. Please join us for an evening of community and
poetry. For those of you who would like a braille copy of 100 Poems to
Lift Your Spirits we have a limited number available. Through the
generosity of Kathie Schneider, National Braille Press is able to
provide these books at no cost while supplies last. If you would like
a copy mailed to you, please email Chris Milmore at cmilmore at nbp.org
(mailto:cmilmore at nbp.org)  or call him at 617-425-2410.

To sign up for Uplifting Poetry Night with National Braille Press
please email Chris Milmore at cmilmore at nbp.org
(mailto:cpmilmore at nbp.org) or call him at 617-425-2410. He will
provide you the call in information.  We apologize if you attempted to
register on Monday, but had issue with the email address; if you still
encounter issues then please call 617-425-2410. Please register by
3:00 PM Eastern tomorrow April 30th.

More Free Digital Downloads!

Our bookstore is now offering a selection of free downloads for kids.
(https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8M04
) Between now and August 31st, 2020, Totally Silly Jokes
(https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8N04
?) and Choose Your Own Adventure: The Abominable Snowman
(https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8P04
) are available for free in eBraille.

In addition, we are still offering free digital downloads of Getting
Visual Assitance with an iPhone
(https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8Q04
) , Navigating Healthcare When All They Can See Is that You Can't
(https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8R04
) , and Dinner Delivered
(https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8S04
) . If you or anyone you know could benefit from one or all of these
titles, then you can share this link to all of our free digital
downloads. (https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8T04
)

Beats For Braille Now On Demand

If you missed last Saturday's premiere or just want to watch again,
then you can click on this link
(https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8V04
) to watch the Beats for Braille concert in its entirety. Nineteen
visually impaired musicians helped us celebrate National Volunteer
Week by generously donating their time and talent. Throughout their
performances, we also get to hear how braille and literacy has
impacted their lives.

Thank you to the performers and to everyone who attended live and made
it an unforgettable night.

Watch Beats for Braille 2020
(https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8W04
)

Now more than ever, braille needs your support. Donate here to support
braille literacy.
(https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8X04
)

Follow us on social media

Facebook (https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8Y04
)

LinkedIn (https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8Z04
)

Twitter (https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8-04
)

Instagram (https://email.nbp.org/e2t/sc2/MmZ-8ykCBk_W5rsxhC4ZDCqHW5KZFtJ911jKnW26DYhh6bXfvKdBzP8_04
)

National Braille Press, 88 Saint Stephen St., Boston, MA 02115, 617-266-6160

Unsubscribe (https://email.nbp.org/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe-all?d=VnfmCY6__y10VWbGY64cQK6lW3ZZpxX49lSlCW3P3Q7w3ZsjYmW3_fZm52Mf9xKVNwb4B92vS-yN7pCR49CNXg1W6TTWGb8bqzsGW96CJcq1HWGWnW7jDJDW9kd0y8N6NH5Bgp46n-W49zytH3ySwW70&v=3&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8KXtQC3HMSxpV8Jvmvk8bb50KW_-JJRy2GuerS8hmMNJJ-Yt7yW-u-s0H44zVLrp3xlAqIWHGCPaYXVVx7qnCsyXQ7Cg&_hsmi=87176769
)

Manage preferences
(https://email.nbp.org/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe?d=VnfmCY6__y10VWbGY64cQK6lW3ZZpxX49lSlCW3P3Q7w3ZsjYmW3_fZm52Mf9xKVNwb4B92vS-yN7pCR49CNXg1W6TTWGb8bqzsGW96CJcq1HWGWnW7jDJDW9kd0y8N6NH5Bgp46n-W49zytH3ySwW70&v=3&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8KXtQC3HMSxpV8Jvmvk8bb50KW_-JJRy2GuerS8hmMNJJ-Yt7yW-u-s0H44zVLrp3xlAqIWHGCPaYXVVx7qnCsyXQ7Cg&_hsmi=87176769
)

--
Independence is yours .  Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy