[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Coming down to the wire

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 12:45:18 UTC 2020

Good morning,

The sign up deadline for the tiny Christmas Basket is August 21 and the
class is August 28 at 7:00. I have put together kits with the materials to
make 1 basket. The only thing I didn't mention that you will need is a wire
cutter. The wire I have in the kits isn't very heavy, so even if you have
some hand strength problems hopefully you should be able to trim the wire.

Please let me know if you haven't already if you want me to send a kit to
you. I am giving each person that signs up 1 kit for free. Please sign up
for the class and also email me your name and address.

I have used several shades of blue, green, red, and white beads to make up
the kits. I have also cut 3 pieces of wire that are a generous length to put
your basket together.

I got thinking about how to ship the kits, and thought padded envelopes
would be best. Well, who has that many padded envelopes. So, I asked on free
cycle for medium to small padded envelopes. Someone emailed me right away
giving me 15 padded envelopes. I love free cycle! I have given many items
away on free cycle and received many items also. Free cycle is an
international effort to keep usable items out of landfills. One time I gave
a large box of materials a teacher could use in a primary classroom. I had
made them when I was in college. Someone gave me a desk.

Have a great Saturday, August 15, 2020

Bernice