[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Darn

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Dec 9 15:05:16 UTC 2020

I knitted myself some mittens a while back, and now I have a big
problem-there's a sizable hole in the left thumb.  It's where I hold my
dog's harness handle and leash, and I think it's rubbed the hole.  So now I
have to figure out how to darn it.  My sister explained darning to me, but
I'm not good at it.  I'm thinking I could pick up the stitches, sort of, by
putting a crochet hook through the stitch holes and crochet in a patch.  Or
I could just sew the 2 sides of the hole together, but I don't want to make
the thumb tight.  I'd somehow like to reinforce the spot, too, or it will
happen again.

Thoughts?

Tracy