[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Switching to longer circs when knitting in the round

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 03:40:08 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I have completed six inches on my raglan sweater. I have run out of room on my needles and would like to know how to switch to longer needles. Is it best to create a lifeline out of yarn and then take the stitches off and then add them to the new needle. If so, how would I do this with the stitches in the circle. Wouldn’t the stitches drop? Or perhaps I should simply try to transfer the stitches fro one needle directly onto the new needle. I have knit 164 stitches on my last row, so with that many stitches it would be difficult to knit back. I am afraid the stitches will slip down much to far for me to pick them up. I am planning to take Dixie’s drop stitch dishcloth class in January, but don’t want to wait till then to transfer needles.

Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.
Thanks, and if I don’t personally post again before Christmas, a merry peaceful Christmas to all of you. Happy Honicha as  well for those celebrated that holiday.

May God bless you.
 Cathy F