[NFB-Krafters-Korner] youtube video you might like

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:39:53 UTC 2020

When I was married, my husband and I each had our favorite kind of store to
visit in the mall. Mine was the housewares, and his was book stores. We
found a book called "Hailstones and Halibut Bones" by Mary O'neill. I copied
all of the poems onto braille paper, and then had many thermoform books
made.
She talks about color related to all five senses. For example brown is the
smell of a Sunday roast, and the insides of an Easter bunny''s ears is plush
pink. Black isn't my favorite color, but it is my favorite poem. The last
line is; Think of what star light and lamp light would lack, Diamonds and
fire flies,  if they couldn't lean against black.

I have bought probably somewhere between 50 and 75 copies to give to people.
Bernice