[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Holiday Treats and something extra

Valerie Alcaraz snowflake9587 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 22:12:27 UTC 2020

I’ll send them in this email and another one shortly after so that you have each bit of information separately.
Here it is:
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN MUG CAKE
Ingredients
• 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
• 3 tbsp light brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 tbsp heavy cream
• 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions
1. In a small bowl, or in the 10-ounce mug itself, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice
2. Mix in the butter, milk, pumpkin, egg and vanilla until combined
3. Microwave for 3 minutes, checking halfway through. After 3 minutes poke with toothpick to check that it’s all the way done. Note: the cake will rise over the mug slightly while cooking, this is normal, it will deflate when done cooking.
4. Let sit to cool.
5. Top with powdered sugar and a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Notes
You can also use a ramekin for this recipe.
Recipe from Braille Institute instructor Letty
Best,
Valerie