[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Knitpicks interchangeables

slerythema at gmail.com slerythema at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 08:54:46 UTC 2020

Hi Tracy,

I don't get to this list every day.

I have the nickel ones because I am a tight knitter. Yes, they have a key
and they screw into the cable. I keep one of those square rubber material
jar openers in my bag to allow me to make sure the connection is screwed on
tight (just a little tighter than doing it simply by hand). The cables do
not have a memory like some others so they are easy to wrap in a circle for
storing and stay "open" when you are knitting. I have had one brand new one
arrive with the cable end stripped in the screw portions and it was
immediately replaced. If you do heavy work, eventually you will need to
replace the cables as they will gradually pull out of the screw case but
this takes a long time and only if you are using them with heavy projects
like blankets. I see this in the cables I use for blankets but not the ones
I use for socks. I did have one arrive with the cable not fully seated in
the screw end and again this was replaced immediately. They have very good
customer service.

Using the key makes sure that you have screwed them all the way together.
People I know that complain about them coming unscrewed have all said that
they don't use the keys. I also like the fact that every cable comes with
end caps so you can easily use these cables as life-lines, stitch holders (I
love this part), and making your needles into "straight" needles.

Hopefully, this gives you enough idea if you want to try them. I received a
set one year for Christmas and I have been adding to it since. I currently
have a list of cable sizes that I need to replace and extra sets of my most
used tips.

Cindy