[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Colorwork and twisting

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Feb 29 18:01:02 UTC 2020

I experimented a little with twisting one way on one repeat, then the other
way on the next repeat, and that was less tangly.

I don't know loom knitting, but I do know that, if you're knitting back and
forth with 2 colors, you only need 1 ball of each color, but, if you're
knitting in the round, you need more, since you can't pick up the color on
the way back.

What I'd do to figure this out is pretend I'm knitting and notice where I'd
stop with one color and pick up the other, then think what will happen on
the next row.  This imaginary knitting has clarified things for me many
times.
Tracy