[NFB-Krafters-Korner] measuring a rectangle!

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 9 15:30:45 UTC 2020

Hi Terry.
I feel your pain.
I had the best success measuring after I had worked around 3.5-4 inches.  I
measured again a few times after that, but it remained constant.  I was
careful to uncurl any curling edges when I measured.
At first, I tried a pattern that had a bit of ribbing in it, but that really
messed up my measuring.  I gave up on that pattern and stuck strictly to
stockinette patterns with no ribbing at all, and that gave me consistent
measurements.
It took me a few tries to get the gauge right, and after that I stuck to the
same number of stitches, even if it meant adding a couple as a kind of
border.  For me, with the yarn I used, the magic number was 36, but yours is
almost certainly different.
Good luck.
Tracy